Kevin Samuels used to say, “Y’all want a Boaz, but y’all not Ruth!” After reading the Book of Ruth for the 3rd time and taking the criticism into consideration, I had some thoughts here.
- What Happens when People Do What’s Good in their Own Eyes
- The Levite’s Concubine (Gibeah’s Crime) and how Women were Treated
- Boaz as a Role Model for Men
- Ruth as a Role Model for Women
- Marriage and Divorce
- A Biblical High-Value Man
- Ruth MADE THE FIRST MOVE!
As always, I encourage everyone to read the Bible for themselves. Don’t just rely on the pastor or what someone told you the Bible says. Go to the source. Read it for yourself. Use your own mind to make conclusions about what you believe. God bless!